Skip to main content

Learning to trust instincts.....







At the Kandivli Khushi center, my consultation room faces a mango tree that has lots of squirrels. I always see them running from one branch to another in between my consultations.
I remember asking so many parents about which bird makes the continuous sound and does not even stop for breathing or refilling. I was really curious until one day I saw this little squirrel making the sound. I always thought it was a bird but it was a squirrel chirping. And every time that it would make the bark or the chirp, it would lift its tail up.So now, I knew what a squirrel sounds like !!!
So yesterday, I was in between sessions, when one parent reached late for the schedule EFT session. She was late for more than 25 minutes and while I was waiting, I saw this squirrel constantly barking and lifting its tail. It did not even breathe. I was getting tired but somewhere deep down, it seemed like it was not for fun. It was scared or restless. It kept sitting on the branch and barking and barking and barking and barking and barking and barking and barking ......uffff....I told in my mind “Stop little one...just breathe.... take a breath.... things will be fine”.
And then the parent who was scheduled arrived, and we had to reschedule the session as it was very late. Even while I was speaking to this parent, this same squirrel kept barking and barking and barking and barking...incessantly... I was getting distracted. I focussed on my interaction with this parent and we decided to reschedule which means I had another 30 minutes before the next person arrived.
I thought of finishing my pending work and then the incessant cries were getting louder and louder and louder and this squirrel was literally shrieking. It was not very loud to cause discomfort but I was really wanting this little one to BREATHE and RELAX... I told it in my mind that “It is ok, just relax but no.... it was barking and barking and barking and barking...
And then as it continued, I closed the sliding window. It came very close to the window and looked into my eye for help. I conveyed to this little one that I am not the reason for anything that happened to you. I am only praying and want you to relax but it was asking for help and then went back to the same branch at the same spot.
Then, I think there was a meeting and the barking changed to chirping and another squirrel came to answer. They both had a conversation and my barking squirrel seemed unhappy with the conversation. Another kind of shrieking from my squirrel and turn by turn, there were 3-4 different squirrels who kept coming to talk. But my barking squirrel seemed really unhappy with everything. It stood there, right at that point glued to the branch. And then there were guests, there was a pigeon, a crow, and a sparrow. My squirrel spoke to everybody and her barks became more intense and deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper. I kept praying and praying and praying....ufff.....breath little one ..... it's ok.....but it got worse...
And then suddenly, it was quiet.... there was silence and every squirrel on the tree stopped doing what they were doing... all of them quiet!!!
I was also keen to know the reason for all this and very suddenly a very small little brown baby squirrel with a big bushy tail came from nowhere and stood in front of my little barking squirrel. It seemed very angry with this little one and was seemed to be shouting at it.
And then once the conversation between them was over, everyone resumed their work...all the other squirrels started chirping again...and this time it was melodious and fun and there was no trace of stress in what they spoke....
Such an amazing ineffable experience. The mother or the father squirrel did not move from its spot and kept waiting and was so certain that the baby will come back. I am sure that it did not rely on its intelligence but was surely taking all the information from its instincts. The instinct radar was on.That's because this barking squirrel knew that the baby is back even before it was in sight.
It was really amazing teaching me to believe and trust my instincts and to stay rooted in it and completely believe that things will happen. There was absolutely no doubt but the squirrel was certain that its baby will be back. The entire thing went on for an hour and for one full hour, it kept barking and barking and barking and barking and barking absolutely certain, completely certain, and very surely certain that the baby will come back.... and then I thought... that it is my teacher teaching me to believe and be certain that things are happening the way I want and that even if it is not happening, then at that time, they are in the process of happening.....just continue to put your efforts and not give up.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Makar Sankranti and Lohri...

Its makar Sankranti tomorrow. Lohri was yesterday... My son comes and says “What is this god bod thing mummy”? He says “Mummy, what is the reason to celebrate these things? Why do we do that? I explained that after this day, days get longer and winter starts to disappear gradually. And people eat laddoos made of sesame and jaggery. These are given to all friends and relatives- wherein it symbolizes that happiness and joyous state grows when shared. With the flood of malls and fast food outlets, eating special delicacies on special days is washed away leaving no trace of its importance for the kids. Buying new clothes happens every month when there is a sale on Amazon/Flipkart instead of doing it for festivals. Eating out happens every alternate week at a fast food hub... Things have changed... everything has changed and is changing... the waves are strong and washing away the importance of special days... And then I come back home in the afternoon lost in my thoughts abou

Happy birthday to me....

So here’s another birthday…. The day when I started my journey on this planet Gaia…. A new day and a new beginning reminding me of my purpose on this planet As earth merrily dances “garba” around the sun….for the 38th time now since I was born!!! From a “beta” to “didi” to “aunty” …. Happy birthday to me… From school to college to following my passion Happy birthday to me… From a daughter to a wife to a mom… Happy birthday to me… From being a daddy’s princess to the queen of my prince… Happy birthday to me….. From eating the “kheer” made by my loving mom to eating the cake made by cake shop!!! Happy birthday to me…. From listening to songs on “chayageet” and “chitrahaar” to cassette to floppy to online music on the net… Happy birthday to me…. From watching movies on black and white TV to sometimes color TV to a movie screen in theatres… Happy birthday to me…. From playing in the lap of Mother Nature to playing computer games to mobile games…. Happy birthday to me…. From mee

Gray in transition-just one month....

The last date of coloring my hair was 6th May 2018. And when I was coloring my hair, it used to feel as if the roots show so fast but now when I plan to grow them, time seems to be crawling like a tortoise... I went to my hairdresser and shortened my hair. And you know what I was very happy with the streaks that I gave to my hair so that I move from black to brown. And as time passed by, gloominess and sadness engulfed me. I was feeling really sad and not clear about what was causing the sadness. Anyways, I thought it was time for some EFT for myself. And the coach Reena and the client Reena came face to face. Graying hair -the emotion beneath it needs to be delicately handled and also transmuted to self-love so that it motivates me to stay put in this journey... Coach:- What are you sad about? Client:- I am not sure how many grays I have!!! I am so scared about how will I look... What to answer if people ask me what is the reason to go through this entire torture? Coach:- Re