Skip to main content

Gray in transition-just one month....

The last date of coloring my hair was 6th May 2018.
And when I was coloring my hair, it used to feel as if the roots show so fast but now when I plan to grow them, time seems to be crawling like a tortoise...
I went to my hairdresser and shortened my hair. And you know what I was very happy with the streaks that I gave to my hair so that I move from black to brown. And as time passed by, gloominess and sadness engulfed me. I was feeling really sad and not clear about what was causing the sadness.
Anyways, I thought it was time for some EFT for myself.
And the coach Reena and the client Reena came face to face. Graying hair -the emotion beneath it needs to be delicately handled and also transmuted to self-love so that it motivates me to stay put in this journey...
Coach:- What are you sad about?
Client:- I am not sure how many grays I have!!! I am so scared about how will I look... What to answer if people ask me what is the reason to go through this entire torture?
Coach:- Reena, what exactly do you want?
Client:- Freedom from coloring hair. I want to be my authentic self.
Coach:- What stops you from getting there?
Client:- I don’t know how I will look or rather it is about why does it have to take 6-9 months for the complete transition. The wait is killing me. It's like going through a pregnancy where everything is changing...body shape, emotions, and everything and giving birth to so many greys...
Coach:- What was the best thing that you got out of being pregnant Reena?
Client:-I was a new person everyday and the birth of my child made me a mother. I loved the emotional growth in me. But my child was growing inside me. I got the final complete baby in my hands... And my hair is inching away very slowly and slowly...the very fact that I have to wait makes it really painful. I just want that I go to sleep and wake up with long silvery platinum hair but .....
Coach:- What about transition is painful Reena?
Client:- Seeing myself change every single day. I don't want change when I know that change is the constant thing in my life. Or rather also about what do I answer if people ask me why I am not coloring?
Coach:-So are you concerned about people or about the change?
Client:- Change is good but this is not a good change.
Coach:- What about greying is not a good change? What does going grey mean to you?
Client:- Gray is associated with “getting old”. I am not even 40. I am not old.......
Coach:- Where did you get this belief from?
Client:- From all my relatives and friends?
Coach:- How true does it feel to you?
Client:- Not very true but society has a way of looking at things...I believe that you grow old when you want to....
Coach:- What do YOU feel about it?
Client:- I want to embrace this change. It is about me and only about me. I have to be ready. Sometimes, it feels like I am addicted to the hair color. And want to grab on to it and color my hair again. But the cycle of coloring day in and day out is a BIG torture and I am ready for embracing my hair the way the universe wants it to look.
And then the conversation ended.
I am loving this interaction within me. Not sure if anyone ever felt this.
I am going to blog everything and write a book on this..
Any suggestions for the title of my book....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy birthday to me....

So here’s another birthday…. The day when I started my journey on this planet Gaia…. A new day and a new beginning reminding me of my purpose on this planet As earth merrily dances “garba” around the sun….for the 38th time now since I was born!!! From a “beta” to “didi” to “aunty” …. Happy birthday to me… From school to college to following my passion Happy birthday to me… From a daughter to a wife to a mom… Happy birthday to me… From being a daddy’s princess to the queen of my prince… Happy birthday to me….. From eating the “kheer” made by my loving mom to eating the cake made by cake shop!!! Happy birthday to me…. From listening to songs on “chayageet” and “chitrahaar” to cassette to floppy to online music on the net… Happy birthday to me…. From watching movies on black and white TV to sometimes color TV to a movie screen in theatres… Happy birthday to me…. From playing in the lap of Mother Nature to playing computer games to mobile games…. Happy birthday to me…. From mee

Makar Sankranti and Lohri...

Its makar Sankranti tomorrow. Lohri was yesterday... My son comes and says “What is this god bod thing mummy”? He says “Mummy, what is the reason to celebrate these things? Why do we do that? I explained that after this day, days get longer and winter starts to disappear gradually. And people eat laddoos made of sesame and jaggery. These are given to all friends and relatives- wherein it symbolizes that happiness and joyous state grows when shared. With the flood of malls and fast food outlets, eating special delicacies on special days is washed away leaving no trace of its importance for the kids. Buying new clothes happens every month when there is a sale on Amazon/Flipkart instead of doing it for festivals. Eating out happens every alternate week at a fast food hub... Things have changed... everything has changed and is changing... the waves are strong and washing away the importance of special days... And then I come back home in the afternoon lost in my thoughts abou

Miss you daddy....

Dearest daddy, Wishing you many happy returns of the day... Again another birthday when you are physically not present with us. Every year, I tell myself that you are happy wherever you are.  I also tell myself that you are watching us and blessing us and happy for us.  All of this seems good to listen to and that is all. Maybe I am trying to fool myself by saying all of this. All this logic is not accepted by my heart... It is shunned away... The truth is- there is an abyss.... the special place in my heart is empty... Daddy, you are missed when we are happy... Daddy, you are missed when we are sad... Daddy, you are missed when I achieve something... Daddy, you are missed when I make your name proud... Daddy, you are missed when I see a dad interacting with her daughter... Daddy, you are missed every single day... Daddy, you are missed every single moment when I feel grateful... Daddy, you are missed every single moment when I feel blessed... Daddy, you are missed by every cell in my