Skip to main content

Time and the "NOW"....










We went to see the movie Jumanji 2. It was amazing and Neel really enjoyed it. And then on the way back home, I told him about Jumanji one with Robbin Williams (Oh!! I love him and adore his work so much). I was very keen that Neel should see this movie. And then it was playing on Star Movies -Neel slept off midway while I finished seeing it till the end. And then, I saw again with him. The scene that hit me was when Alan comes back and checks his dad’s factory – he is shocked to see everything change so much!!!
While Neel enjoyed the movie, I was anchored rather transported to the time when I saw it with my dad. It was such a different experience seeing it with my dad and now with my son. The movie is the same, it's just the time that has changed. And then while my eyes stared at the screen in front of me, a different movie started in my brain. How every small passing day has brought about small little changes in the day to day routine and over a period of just a few years, how everything is COMPLETELY different in my life!!!
I had my admin who used to work with me earlier. She joined me back after 7 months. She says things like – “this is how it was done then when I was working with you mam”. And I ponder about how things change in a matter of a just a few months such that the working of the setup changes completely. I did not realize because I was bringing about just small changes every day but she saw that after a few months and you know what- everything is different...
And then again, on a lazy afternoon, Mandar puts a movie called “Castaway”- amazing work by Tom Hanks. In the movie, in just a fraction of a second, his plane crashes and he is stuck on a lonely island. On this island, there is no rush to finish any work which his job required him to do. His main job was to take care of himself such that he keeps “Breathing” and “Living”.
Why am I thinking about all this?
You know I went to the place where I spent my childhood and the place where I lived before....everything around this place has changed and nothing is the same. In fact, I had to search for the location of my house. And do you think all this happened in just a day? No, many small little changes over a period of time...But now everything is completely different...
I am getting convinced that the only thing that I have in my hand is “NOW”. I decide what I do with it and these small little things that I do now change my life COMPLETELY.... It really changes, I am sure you know that...But then what has changed because of this realization??
I ask myself what I want to do with this “NOW”?
Am I painting negativity in my mind or positivity?
Am I appreciating myself?
Am I playing a victim?
Am I asserting myself?
Am I being mindful of this “now” or am I painting it with the worry of the future?
And then a voice keeps coming- what do you want from this moment? So when I am with my son- I tell myself, “I want beautiful memories with this little one”. And then when I am making breakfast, I tell myself “In this now, I want to give my 100% to making this yummy thing that will nourish my family members. And when I am with kids at Khushi- I want to add more hope and improvement to this family and so on and so on.
I am being aware of each moment as I am entering into the "now"- in my house, in the kitchen, in the hall, on the road, at Khushi, at the supermarket... everywhere...
Because these small little changes will change my life completely in a few hours, few days, few months and a few years...
So, I am cherishing and relishing this “now” like an ice-cream, licking it and relishing it...MINDFULLY WITH AWARENESS.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy birthday to me....

So here’s another birthday…. The day when I started my journey on this planet Gaia…. A new day and a new beginning reminding me of my purpose on this planet As earth merrily dances “garba” around the sun….for the 38th time now since I was born!!! From a “beta” to “didi” to “aunty” …. Happy birthday to me… From school to college to following my passion Happy birthday to me… From a daughter to a wife to a mom… Happy birthday to me… From being a daddy’s princess to the queen of my prince… Happy birthday to me….. From eating the “kheer” made by my loving mom to eating the cake made by cake shop!!! Happy birthday to me…. From listening to songs on “chayageet” and “chitrahaar” to cassette to floppy to online music on the net… Happy birthday to me…. From watching movies on black and white TV to sometimes color TV to a movie screen in theatres… Happy birthday to me…. From playing in the lap of Mother Nature to playing computer games to mobile games…. Happy birthday to me…. From mee

Makar Sankranti and Lohri...

Its makar Sankranti tomorrow. Lohri was yesterday... My son comes and says “What is this god bod thing mummy”? He says “Mummy, what is the reason to celebrate these things? Why do we do that? I explained that after this day, days get longer and winter starts to disappear gradually. And people eat laddoos made of sesame and jaggery. These are given to all friends and relatives- wherein it symbolizes that happiness and joyous state grows when shared. With the flood of malls and fast food outlets, eating special delicacies on special days is washed away leaving no trace of its importance for the kids. Buying new clothes happens every month when there is a sale on Amazon/Flipkart instead of doing it for festivals. Eating out happens every alternate week at a fast food hub... Things have changed... everything has changed and is changing... the waves are strong and washing away the importance of special days... And then I come back home in the afternoon lost in my thoughts abou

Learning lessons of life from the little ones...

I have been witnessing amazing experiences since the last one week. One parent came to me and she was really unhappy that her son is having behavior problems. The child (8-year-old) had a diagnosis of Autism and communicates by using just a few words. You know what I have this amazing sense to feel people by their energies. When a family enters my consultation room, sometimes I feel pins all over my body and I know that the family is really really stressed. And then there are others who visit me, who are passing through the same experience as the others but they carry with them a blanket of peace and calm and I am also sucked into it. There are others who come who comb my “being” with vibrations of deep insights revealing strong, intense and raw truths about life. So, I love to nurture this sense in me and love to sense people and their energies. So, when the door opens, my energy antennae start sensing – is it heavy, light or sorted or confused or just