Skip to main content

Happy mother's day....

I was at the Nehru planetarium with my son (trying to be a good mom in my own eyes).
And then one mom with her two teenage daughters sits next to me. She is in her fifties, a little heavy for her height and seems like she has pain in both her knees. She is all sweaty and because the parapet on which we are sitting was too low, she could not balance and sat with a big thud. I saw her and smiled.(non-verbally we communicated that its ok and it is fine....)
Then came her first daughter who loved her to the core and started shouting.
“Is this the way you sit?
What if you had fallen down?
Don’t you know how to take care and sit slowly?”
And then before the mom could answer, the second daughter came in and scolded her even more loudly –
Is this how you sit?
She loves her mom immensely but does not know how to express the love and this time it is mixed with worry.
Believe me, the combination of love and worry is too dangerous. She goes on and on and on. And their mom goes deeper and deeper into the trenches of shame and guilt.
And then I am interrupted by my son because the show is about to start and we need to get inside the planetarium.
I was also feeling sad because, on many occasions, I have felt that I have more wisdom than my mom (who is an epitome of patience) and insulted her (unknowingly) because I want to care for her.
Somewhere today I realized that my angry words and tone do not convey my love and care for my mom.
Mom will always forgive me for all my stupid behaviors because she loves me more than I do.
And today these two teenage daughters have made me realize how deadly the combination of worry and love is.
And so today I decide to
Express love to my mom by UNDERSTANDING HER...
Express love to my mom by ALLOWING HER to be who she is.....
Allowing her to be who she is...BEING MINDFUL what I am communicating with her...
And allowing her to be who she is...her authentic self... no matter how it may seem to me...or to anyone else around us...
What matters is how she feels about doing what she wants to do...
And in my mom’s own words, every single time, I make a small or a big mistake, the answer and the response from her is
Koi gal nahi...
Koi nahi.. ( Its ok )
What if I also learn that its ok... and koi gal nahi...
Happy mother’s day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy birthday to me....

So here’s another birthday…. The day when I started my journey on this planet Gaia…. A new day and a new beginning reminding me of my purpose on this planet As earth merrily dances “garba” around the sun….for the 38th time now since I was born!!! From a “beta” to “didi” to “aunty” …. Happy birthday to me… From school to college to following my passion Happy birthday to me… From a daughter to a wife to a mom… Happy birthday to me… From being a daddy’s princess to the queen of my prince… Happy birthday to me….. From eating the “kheer” made by my loving mom to eating the cake made by cake shop!!! Happy birthday to me…. From listening to songs on “chayageet” and “chitrahaar” to cassette to floppy to online music on the net… Happy birthday to me…. From watching movies on black and white TV to sometimes color TV to a movie screen in theatres… Happy birthday to me…. From playing in the lap of Mother Nature to playing computer games to mobile games…. Happy birthday to me…. From mee

Makar Sankranti and Lohri...

Its makar Sankranti tomorrow. Lohri was yesterday... My son comes and says “What is this god bod thing mummy”? He says “Mummy, what is the reason to celebrate these things? Why do we do that? I explained that after this day, days get longer and winter starts to disappear gradually. And people eat laddoos made of sesame and jaggery. These are given to all friends and relatives- wherein it symbolizes that happiness and joyous state grows when shared. With the flood of malls and fast food outlets, eating special delicacies on special days is washed away leaving no trace of its importance for the kids. Buying new clothes happens every month when there is a sale on Amazon/Flipkart instead of doing it for festivals. Eating out happens every alternate week at a fast food hub... Things have changed... everything has changed and is changing... the waves are strong and washing away the importance of special days... And then I come back home in the afternoon lost in my thoughts abou

Gray in transition-just one month....

The last date of coloring my hair was 6th May 2018. And when I was coloring my hair, it used to feel as if the roots show so fast but now when I plan to grow them, time seems to be crawling like a tortoise... I went to my hairdresser and shortened my hair. And you know what I was very happy with the streaks that I gave to my hair so that I move from black to brown. And as time passed by, gloominess and sadness engulfed me. I was feeling really sad and not clear about what was causing the sadness. Anyways, I thought it was time for some EFT for myself. And the coach Reena and the client Reena came face to face. Graying hair -the emotion beneath it needs to be delicately handled and also transmuted to self-love so that it motivates me to stay put in this journey... Coach:- What are you sad about? Client:- I am not sure how many grays I have!!! I am so scared about how will I look... What to answer if people ask me what is the reason to go through this entire torture? Coach:- Re