Skip to main content

I take my power back....

I wait for this signal to turn green on my scooter. It's nice and scorching. I am thinking whether it was a good idea to get my scooter and then I am interrupted by two men who navigate their way across us-the autos, cars, scooters, and bikes.They seem to be in a hurry to cross the road.
And in that hurry, the shoulder of the man hits against my mirror. I was concerned about him and his shoulder and also for my mirror. Before I could allow my next thought to pop up, this man turns behind and tries to stare at me through my sunglasses and the scarf that covered my face. He was soooooooooo angry.
Anyways, he walked away and I started popping thoughts in my mind again about what exactly did that stare mean. He was the one who was in a hurry and before I could think he stared again in anger and frowned as much as he could. His stare conveyed to me that I was responsible for the pain that he was feeling on his shoulder.
And then, I was waiting there getting into a justification mode to my own self that he should look and walk. He can't blame me. I was just beginning to get angry.
And then came another thought-
Reena, he passed the blame to you.
And you passed it to him.
Do you want to stay in this circle of blame?
Do you want to allow others to trigger you?
And then I smiled thinking how I give my power to anyone...
And I took my power back... and told myself
My dear friend- I allow you to stare and frown at me. Thanks for letting me know how to be more mindful of my emotions.....and I allowed myself to return back to my centre waiting for the light to turn green...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Makar Sankranti and Lohri...

Its makar Sankranti tomorrow. Lohri was yesterday... My son comes and says “What is this god bod thing mummy”? He says “Mummy, what is the reason to celebrate these things? Why do we do that? I explained that after this day, days get longer and winter starts to disappear gradually. And people eat laddoos made of sesame and jaggery. These are given to all friends and relatives- wherein it symbolizes that happiness and joyous state grows when shared. With the flood of malls and fast food outlets, eating special delicacies on special days is washed away leaving no trace of its importance for the kids. Buying new clothes happens every month when there is a sale on Amazon/Flipkart instead of doing it for festivals. Eating out happens every alternate week at a fast food hub... Things have changed... everything has changed and is changing... the waves are strong and washing away the importance of special days... And then I come back home in the afternoon lost in my thoughts abou

Miss you daddy....

Dearest daddy, Wishing you many happy returns of the day... Again another birthday when you are physically not present with us. Every year, I tell myself that you are happy wherever you are.  I also tell myself that you are watching us and blessing us and happy for us.  All of this seems good to listen to and that is all. Maybe I am trying to fool myself by saying all of this. All this logic is not accepted by my heart... It is shunned away... The truth is- there is an abyss.... the special place in my heart is empty... Daddy, you are missed when we are happy... Daddy, you are missed when we are sad... Daddy, you are missed when I achieve something... Daddy, you are missed when I make your name proud... Daddy, you are missed when I see a dad interacting with her daughter... Daddy, you are missed every single day... Daddy, you are missed every single moment when I feel grateful... Daddy, you are missed every single moment when I feel blessed... Daddy, you are missed by every cell in my

Happy birthday to me....

So here’s another birthday…. The day when I started my journey on this planet Gaia…. A new day and a new beginning reminding me of my purpose on this planet As earth merrily dances “garba” around the sun….for the 38th time now since I was born!!! From a “beta” to “didi” to “aunty” …. Happy birthday to me… From school to college to following my passion Happy birthday to me… From a daughter to a wife to a mom… Happy birthday to me… From being a daddy’s princess to the queen of my prince… Happy birthday to me….. From eating the “kheer” made by my loving mom to eating the cake made by cake shop!!! Happy birthday to me…. From listening to songs on “chayageet” and “chitrahaar” to cassette to floppy to online music on the net… Happy birthday to me…. From watching movies on black and white TV to sometimes color TV to a movie screen in theatres… Happy birthday to me…. From playing in the lap of Mother Nature to playing computer games to mobile games…. Happy birthday to me…. From mee