Skip to main content

Soul to soul communication...




I really wanted to share this beautiful time that I spent with this child at Khushi last week. I believe every day is beautiful at my workplace and this one was an awesome day. I am blessed to be in a profession where pure souls come to me every day and make the energy around me saintly and pious. Kids are all wonderful....

So, I am working with my team with this little 3-year-old child who has a diagnosis of Autism.

The first day I saw this boy, he did not even acknowledge my presence. I tried to interact with him but he seemed to be in an invisible cylinder around him. His entire focus and energy was directed within this invisible cylinder. I thought of all the tools that are there in my therapy toolbox (my brain) and we started working with him. We put him on various swings and he was enjoying the swings but would keep running away from the swing. He just ran from one corner of the room to the other flapping his hands, his face covered with long curly hair falling on his face, obstructing his vision. He was not noticing me, my therapist or even his mom. I was a little sad and felt bad.

I did a silent prayer and called all my angels and the source energy to help me and him so that we could connect. I just wanted him to LOOK at me but it did not work. He was running around with his invisible cylinder which acted as a wall between him and everyone around him. I really remember trying my best but all in vain.

I was feeling a little sad but again used some more tools for the therapy session and thought of stimulating him. I was not noticed or acknowledged, no eye contact at all. The harder I tried, the more he was withdrawing. I was really feeling very sad and desperately wanted to just look into his eyes -nothing else-just a look. But you know, this little “guru” taught me to wait and exert patience. I finished the session with a prayer again and asked angel Metatron to be with him and help him in whatever way the universe feels right. I also prayed for guidance so that I do the best and that the right ideas and tools come to my mind. But I was feeling rejected by him...

After a month of my therapist working with him, he was still the same, just a little bit better. And then, deep down, I was feeling helpless as a therapist. I really prayed hard for any sign that will make me help the family and this little “guru” - don't know what he was trying to teach me. I could see him with his long curly hair falling on his face which he didn't allow to cut, comb or even clip because of sensory issues. He was busy running from one end of the room to the other clumsily bumping and banging into me as if I was just another object in the room completely oblivious to what was happening around him.

Deep down in my heart helplessness had a very strong partner who was “Hope” who told me that the child has “potential” in him. He is amazing and I just have to look for signs on what is coming in his way and why he was not responding to therapies. His parents were both doctors and so the medical part of the challenge was already ruled out.

The core of my being told me that I have been blessed to work with kids who did not respond at all in the past and he is better than most of them. He will definitely respond. I spoke to the mom and worked hard only with her. If I was feeling heavy hearted, I can only imagine what his mom was going through. The mother had given up her career to be available to this little boy who was not responding to anyone of us. She had by now lost her patience and was passing sarcastic comments to him and to her own self because even after her best efforts, she could see only little gains in development...

Aha!!!

Got the sign.........sat with the mother and gave her a big dose of EMPATHY and told her that it was her choice to have a child. It was her choice to devote full time to this little “guru” who was really strict with both of us. And if her choice of leaving her work was giving rise to frustration, then she is only spilling rather bathing her child in the energy of frustration every day. Not just the frustration for the child, she is doing it for her own self too. I wrapped it all in a blanket of “unconditional love” and non-judgment.

I noticed that the mother was not even aware that she was passing this energy to her little one. Once she was aware, she changed. Now, the sarcastic remarks of her son and self-criticism changed to appreciating every little effort of the child.......

And you know what, it is easy to have the awareness but to make that awareness as a part of day to day or rather moment to moment interaction is a herculean task...

So, I see this little “guru” after another month and mom has changed- self-sabotage and criticising the child has stopped to 30% but she is trying.... it takes time for us all to change. And to change when things don't work in your favour is swimming against the tide.

I appreciated this mother for swimming against the tide and achieving 30% appreciation and then I face the 70% criticism that her son is as bad as he was before. The problems and challenges are the same.

And then I had to see this child again the next week. As soon as I enter the room, I sensed that the energy around me is very light, fresh, warm and divine. Something in the room had changed. Before I could walk to this little boy, he noticed me and not just that................. he came to me held my hand, looked into my eyes.........................PAUSED ............... and walked away ......back into pacing. But my heart skipped a beat, the gratitude was spilling out of my eyes and I was literally elated.

And then the mom said- he has started acknowledging people and gives eye contact to everyone around. I saw that the invisible cylinder around him was shattered and he was available to me and to the world around. He again came to me and expressed his interest in me and wanted to play. Everything was non-verbal BUT we were communicating...I was thanking with each breath to the source, witnessing a miracle.

He was aware of everything around him-the swings, the scooter board, the ramp everything... and also his mom and therapist too....

And then the next session after a week......his mom said that he does not sit at one place for more than 3 seconds and just runs away. I made him sit across the table and did some puzzles and pulling links and he FOLLOWED THROUGH  everything. He sat for a good 45 minutes and then I was done. He didn't want to go. He wanted to continue.

I am speechless and don't have words to express what I felt on that blessed day....

I was like a butterfly moving from one room to another and telling all my therapists, all parents around about what just happened as if I had witnessed a MIRACLE... and if I think now, it is a miracle...

This little “guru” took my hand and moved me from “fear” to “faith”..... and told me in his own way that “determination, appreciation, consistency and patience” helps.....and miracles happen. I am so sure that he will make me witness more miracles now and the rest of the development will just follow!!!

I am so blessed...

Tears flow down my eyes and I allow this gratitude to bathe my eyes and pray for many more such moments.....










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Makar Sankranti and Lohri...

Its makar Sankranti tomorrow. Lohri was yesterday... My son comes and says “What is this god bod thing mummy”? He says “Mummy, what is the reason to celebrate these things? Why do we do that? I explained that after this day, days get longer and winter starts to disappear gradually. And people eat laddoos made of sesame and jaggery. These are given to all friends and relatives- wherein it symbolizes that happiness and joyous state grows when shared. With the flood of malls and fast food outlets, eating special delicacies on special days is washed away leaving no trace of its importance for the kids. Buying new clothes happens every month when there is a sale on Amazon/Flipkart instead of doing it for festivals. Eating out happens every alternate week at a fast food hub... Things have changed... everything has changed and is changing... the waves are strong and washing away the importance of special days... And then I come back home in the afternoon lost in my thoughts abou

Happy birthday to me....

So here’s another birthday…. The day when I started my journey on this planet Gaia…. A new day and a new beginning reminding me of my purpose on this planet As earth merrily dances “garba” around the sun….for the 38th time now since I was born!!! From a “beta” to “didi” to “aunty” …. Happy birthday to me… From school to college to following my passion Happy birthday to me… From a daughter to a wife to a mom… Happy birthday to me… From being a daddy’s princess to the queen of my prince… Happy birthday to me….. From eating the “kheer” made by my loving mom to eating the cake made by cake shop!!! Happy birthday to me…. From listening to songs on “chayageet” and “chitrahaar” to cassette to floppy to online music on the net… Happy birthday to me…. From watching movies on black and white TV to sometimes color TV to a movie screen in theatres… Happy birthday to me…. From playing in the lap of Mother Nature to playing computer games to mobile games…. Happy birthday to me…. From mee

Learning lessons of life from the little ones...

I have been witnessing amazing experiences since the last one week. One parent came to me and she was really unhappy that her son is having behavior problems. The child (8-year-old) had a diagnosis of Autism and communicates by using just a few words. You know what I have this amazing sense to feel people by their energies. When a family enters my consultation room, sometimes I feel pins all over my body and I know that the family is really really stressed. And then there are others who visit me, who are passing through the same experience as the others but they carry with them a blanket of peace and calm and I am also sucked into it. There are others who come who comb my “being” with vibrations of deep insights revealing strong, intense and raw truths about life. So, I love to nurture this sense in me and love to sense people and their energies. So, when the door opens, my energy antennae start sensing – is it heavy, light or sorted or confused or just