Skip to main content

After effects of Diwali....







After effects of Diwali---
Okay, so here is an interesting dialogue inside me.
Somewhat funny but equally serious

Brain- (calmly) Oh, Diwali is coming. Reena, you need to be careful not to over-eat like how you do always when you go for a vacation and especially when it is Diwali. And then you are always down with food-poisoning!!!
Sensible Reena (very coolly)- Oh!! Don’t worry, I am a balanced person and I never indulge in over-eating.
Brain (mix of pride and suspicion) - Great!! Stay on your word
Mom-in-law (excited)- So here are the amazing things that I have made. Keeping it on your dining table. Eat well and happy Diwali...
Impulsive Reena (really excited) Oh my God....Oh my God... can’t wait to eat the yummy chakli, besan laddoo, and the poha chiwda. God bless my mom in law... oh there are shankarpallis also.... yum ....yum...
Brain (somewhat angry)- Reena, are you forgetting something...?????
Nose (very excited)- Reena the smell of the chakli is too good ya.. why not check one?
Tongue- I will be more than happy....
Impulsive Reena (really impulsive now)- ok, so let me start with chakli and then the chiwda. Let me get the bowl and the spoon and switch on the Tv and how about some hot tea?? Lets put a cushion behind the back and relish each bite.
Brain (angrily)- Reena, you have already had your tea ...
Stomach(angrily):- You know what I don’t need anything now and I can give you enough energy till night. If I need something, I will blow my whistle or the alarm.
Nose(ignoring stomach)- Reena, the smell is really yummy.
Tongue(ignoring everything and fully focussed on food)- Arey, I got to taste only the chiwda, where are the shankarpalli’s?
Impulsive Reena- Ok here you go with everything and the hot tea is here too...
Stomach (really angrily now)- Reena, don’t give so much work ok, I need a break too...
Sensible Reena- (very serious) – you don't need all this Reena. Can you give something healthy and nutritious to your stomach?
Brain- yes, I also function well and more efficiently when I get those nutritious juices and I bathe in them.
Impulsive Reena :-(greedily eats all the contents from all the boxes). Let me call my husband. (She dials the number)- Hey Mandar, Diwali faral is here. Your mom sent it. It is awesome.
Stomach (enraged)- Reena, can you just stop. I am more than full. My efficiency is going down. Can you please sit up straight? With your round back, I am a “C” with a dent in between. Can you please sit up and stop stuffing me. It's enough. I don’t need so much.
Brain (now sluggish)- I really don't feel like working. I need to take rest now and shut down for a few hours.

SCENE CHANGES----
Reena is at her sister's house
Sister- Reena, I made the karanji, ladddoo and the chiwda.
Nose- oh, same things again.
Stomach (little scared now)- If you stuff me again, I am warning you that I will go on strike this time.
Brain (angry)- Reena, you don’t need that stuff now.
Sister in Reena- Oh!! But my sister has made it with so much of love. I should taste it.
Impulsive Reena- Sister, the karanji is awesome and the shankar pallis too.
Mother Reena- Son, don't eat all this junk. It's not good for your stomach.
Stomach (taunting)- Reena, it's not good for me too. You are worried about your son’s stomach, husband’s stomach, mom’s stomach and what about me? How can you be so selfish?
Sensible Reena (very confidently)- You know what I am not going to stuff you with all the junk henceforth.

Sister calls ...
Sister- Can you please help me to cut these cashews and sort the dry fruits?
Tongue- the cashews look so fresh, I would like to taste them. Even the raisins look yummy...
Stomach (fed up)- Reena, enough is enough. Its lunch time soon and then you will feed me with the lunch too.
Sensible Reena (very calm and overconfident)- Food is to live. You do not live to eat. Can you skip your lunch? You are already too full!!!
Sister- We have dum aloo and puri for lunch.
Tongue (ignoring everything)- I really really want to taste them.
Impulsive Reena- (Eats 4 puris and the entire bowl of dum aloo)

The stomach is on strike and stopped giving signs of hunger.
It has got confused and started beating like the heart.

Reena- (angrily) Can you stop giving me cramps? They pain
Stomach- (angrily) Can you give me a break for 2 days. I will digest only liquids now....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I believe in angels...something good in everything I see......

Ever since I was a little girl, I remember asking the universe (Waheguru/God/Allah/Almighty) for signs for everything I did in my life..... The universe is very very systematic in which nothing happens just by accident or just by chance or coincidence. Everything is for a reason which is what I believe..... My relation with the universe has grown just the way I have grown. The signs that the universe sends are mysterious and I always marvel at the ways things are communicated by the source. So now, I have decided to shift my Andheri centre of Khushi to a new place. The day I went for a meeting, angels sent me signs that I was on the right track and divinely guided. Next, I decided to get the place done before we shift and then came a series of things that have left my mouth wide open every time they happened. In my first visit I was finalising the contractor to get the repairs work done for the flat and was a little worked up. And there I saw a white butt...

Kojagiri Poornima...moonlight party!!

Fashion changes every day...and so does the moon!! When I was little, there was this “Banjara” dress which was in fashion. My parents bought this white and red “Banjara” dress which had a red “Ghagra” and white blouse to it. It had a lot of mirror work on it. This used to be my favorite outfit when I was little -around 10 years old!!! I used to carry the chunari on my head and keep spinning watching my “ghagra” move with me.... And then there was a night of celebrations- “the moonlight party”. My friends and elder friends (we were the “chillar” party) were told that we will have a potluck party. Then, we will play Antakshari, dumb charades and also share jokes. It sounded like a lot of fun to me and I pleaded with my mom that she allows me to go to this party. This party was to be held under the moonlight in the big courtyard that the houses collectively had. We were planning to stay awake till 12 and then have the nectar “the Amrit”. I told my mom about the “the Amrit” and a...

Grieving.... or learning and growing ???

As I start writing these lines, I can listen to the wind gushing and the leaves rustling, sometimes scaring me and sometimes nourishing my soul. It is a very wet day today and there is water logging everywhere and also Ganpati Visarjan. These days take me back to the times when I and my sister were very little. My dad didn’t work on the days that there was Visarjan. I was hardly 10 years old and my sister barely 5. There we were near the beach at Seven Bunglows shivering to the wind that was slapping us while the rain lashed us till we were drenched along with mom and dad. And these memories keep coming back. Seeing one ganpati after the other, ready for Visarjan. I used to be mesmerized by the artist’s ability to carve such a beautiful form that the eyes of Ganpati would speak. I still remember those days when my dad also took me on his cycle’s back seat. Oh!!! How much I miss (no I think I remember) those days. There is this emotional pain which I fe...