Skip to main content

After effects of Diwali....







After effects of Diwali---
Okay, so here is an interesting dialogue inside me.
Somewhat funny but equally serious

Brain- (calmly) Oh, Diwali is coming. Reena, you need to be careful not to over-eat like how you do always when you go for a vacation and especially when it is Diwali. And then you are always down with food-poisoning!!!
Sensible Reena (very coolly)- Oh!! Don’t worry, I am a balanced person and I never indulge in over-eating.
Brain (mix of pride and suspicion) - Great!! Stay on your word
Mom-in-law (excited)- So here are the amazing things that I have made. Keeping it on your dining table. Eat well and happy Diwali...
Impulsive Reena (really excited) Oh my God....Oh my God... can’t wait to eat the yummy chakli, besan laddoo, and the poha chiwda. God bless my mom in law... oh there are shankarpallis also.... yum ....yum...
Brain (somewhat angry)- Reena, are you forgetting something...?????
Nose (very excited)- Reena the smell of the chakli is too good ya.. why not check one?
Tongue- I will be more than happy....
Impulsive Reena (really impulsive now)- ok, so let me start with chakli and then the chiwda. Let me get the bowl and the spoon and switch on the Tv and how about some hot tea?? Lets put a cushion behind the back and relish each bite.
Brain (angrily)- Reena, you have already had your tea ...
Stomach(angrily):- You know what I don’t need anything now and I can give you enough energy till night. If I need something, I will blow my whistle or the alarm.
Nose(ignoring stomach)- Reena, the smell is really yummy.
Tongue(ignoring everything and fully focussed on food)- Arey, I got to taste only the chiwda, where are the shankarpalli’s?
Impulsive Reena- Ok here you go with everything and the hot tea is here too...
Stomach (really angrily now)- Reena, don’t give so much work ok, I need a break too...
Sensible Reena- (very serious) – you don't need all this Reena. Can you give something healthy and nutritious to your stomach?
Brain- yes, I also function well and more efficiently when I get those nutritious juices and I bathe in them.
Impulsive Reena :-(greedily eats all the contents from all the boxes). Let me call my husband. (She dials the number)- Hey Mandar, Diwali faral is here. Your mom sent it. It is awesome.
Stomach (enraged)- Reena, can you just stop. I am more than full. My efficiency is going down. Can you please sit up straight? With your round back, I am a “C” with a dent in between. Can you please sit up and stop stuffing me. It's enough. I don’t need so much.
Brain (now sluggish)- I really don't feel like working. I need to take rest now and shut down for a few hours.

SCENE CHANGES----
Reena is at her sister's house
Sister- Reena, I made the karanji, ladddoo and the chiwda.
Nose- oh, same things again.
Stomach (little scared now)- If you stuff me again, I am warning you that I will go on strike this time.
Brain (angry)- Reena, you don’t need that stuff now.
Sister in Reena- Oh!! But my sister has made it with so much of love. I should taste it.
Impulsive Reena- Sister, the karanji is awesome and the shankar pallis too.
Mother Reena- Son, don't eat all this junk. It's not good for your stomach.
Stomach (taunting)- Reena, it's not good for me too. You are worried about your son’s stomach, husband’s stomach, mom’s stomach and what about me? How can you be so selfish?
Sensible Reena (very confidently)- You know what I am not going to stuff you with all the junk henceforth.

Sister calls ...
Sister- Can you please help me to cut these cashews and sort the dry fruits?
Tongue- the cashews look so fresh, I would like to taste them. Even the raisins look yummy...
Stomach (fed up)- Reena, enough is enough. Its lunch time soon and then you will feed me with the lunch too.
Sensible Reena (very calm and overconfident)- Food is to live. You do not live to eat. Can you skip your lunch? You are already too full!!!
Sister- We have dum aloo and puri for lunch.
Tongue (ignoring everything)- I really really want to taste them.
Impulsive Reena- (Eats 4 puris and the entire bowl of dum aloo)

The stomach is on strike and stopped giving signs of hunger.
It has got confused and started beating like the heart.

Reena- (angrily) Can you stop giving me cramps? They pain
Stomach- (angrily) Can you give me a break for 2 days. I will digest only liquids now....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Makar Sankranti and Lohri...

Its makar Sankranti tomorrow. Lohri was yesterday... My son comes and says “What is this god bod thing mummy”? He says “Mummy, what is the reason to celebrate these things? Why do we do that? I explained that after this day, days get longer and winter starts to disappear gradually. And people eat laddoos made of sesame and jaggery. These are given to all friends and relatives- wherein it symbolizes that happiness and joyous state grows when shared. With the flood of malls and fast food outlets, eating special delicacies on special days is washed away leaving no trace of its importance for the kids. Buying new clothes happens every month when there is a sale on Amazon/Flipkart instead of doing it for festivals. Eating out happens every alternate week at a fast food hub... Things have changed... everything has changed and is changing... the waves are strong and washing away the importance of special days... And then I come back home in the afternoon lost in my thoughts abou

Happy birthday to me....

So here’s another birthday…. The day when I started my journey on this planet Gaia…. A new day and a new beginning reminding me of my purpose on this planet As earth merrily dances “garba” around the sun….for the 38th time now since I was born!!! From a “beta” to “didi” to “aunty” …. Happy birthday to me… From school to college to following my passion Happy birthday to me… From a daughter to a wife to a mom… Happy birthday to me… From being a daddy’s princess to the queen of my prince… Happy birthday to me….. From eating the “kheer” made by my loving mom to eating the cake made by cake shop!!! Happy birthday to me…. From listening to songs on “chayageet” and “chitrahaar” to cassette to floppy to online music on the net… Happy birthday to me…. From watching movies on black and white TV to sometimes color TV to a movie screen in theatres… Happy birthday to me…. From playing in the lap of Mother Nature to playing computer games to mobile games…. Happy birthday to me…. From mee

Learning lessons of life from the little ones...

I have been witnessing amazing experiences since the last one week. One parent came to me and she was really unhappy that her son is having behavior problems. The child (8-year-old) had a diagnosis of Autism and communicates by using just a few words. You know what I have this amazing sense to feel people by their energies. When a family enters my consultation room, sometimes I feel pins all over my body and I know that the family is really really stressed. And then there are others who visit me, who are passing through the same experience as the others but they carry with them a blanket of peace and calm and I am also sucked into it. There are others who come who comb my “being” with vibrations of deep insights revealing strong, intense and raw truths about life. So, I love to nurture this sense in me and love to sense people and their energies. So, when the door opens, my energy antennae start sensing – is it heavy, light or sorted or confused or just