Skip to main content

Shudh desi feelings......






You know what sometimes I love to cry when I see sad movies...
I initially used to think that I am so funny...
But I really loved crying and felt light after that....so light.... and I love this quality about me...the tears are real...
100% pure....Shudh desi tears...
I laugh a lot too when I watch movies...
Too much...still remember the days when I and my sister would laugh on the stupidest of the joke and my dad used to shout at us... “Does anyone else laugh so loudly around here in our neighborhood?” We would look at each other, become quiet for a millisecond and be back to even louder laughter....while dad would look at us in frustration and his eyes would go towards our mom pleading her to control this laughing monster who was inside us.
And we still laugh even today while mine and her husband exchange glance with each other when the laughing gas is in the room.... we laugh till we start crying!!!
It is such a wonderful exercise !!!
It feels like running a full marathon whenever I visit my sister because th

ere is so much laughing exercise happening around... total dhamaal!!!
100% pure ....Shudh desi laughter....
And I also get scared when I watch movies. I have seen so many movies with my hands over my eyes and holding onto the dress of the person who sits next to me... sometimes shouting and screaming as if the ghost and the skeleton have supernatural powers to come out of the movie screen.
But you know what the fear is “REAL”. 100% pure – Shudh Desi fear....
I am not talking about expressing emotions in front of each and everyone but... there are some people who deserve to see the real us. These people do not want the “mask” of adulthood and maturity on us. It is very difficult to wear this mask when there is so much mess and turmoil inside sometimes....
A few of these people – the trusted ones, the ones who deserve to see the real we give us that space of love and non-judgment and we can take our masks off and breathe... ufff .....breathe the life around and also allow ourselves to see the genuine self within...
The irony is that sometimes we too don’t know our own selves... and taking off the mask and looking at yourself in this light of “freedom” from so-called social nuances helps us!!!
So express yourself....in front of the trusted ones...
Take the mask off ...
And experience
100% pure....Shudh desi tears...
100% pure.....Shudh desi laughter...
100% pure.....Shudh desi fear...
Let them be pure and not polluted by masks of adulthood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Makar Sankranti and Lohri...

Its makar Sankranti tomorrow. Lohri was yesterday... My son comes and says “What is this god bod thing mummy”? He says “Mummy, what is the reason to celebrate these things? Why do we do that? I explained that after this day, days get longer and winter starts to disappear gradually. And people eat laddoos made of sesame and jaggery. These are given to all friends and relatives- wherein it symbolizes that happiness and joyous state grows when shared. With the flood of malls and fast food outlets, eating special delicacies on special days is washed away leaving no trace of its importance for the kids. Buying new clothes happens every month when there is a sale on Amazon/Flipkart instead of doing it for festivals. Eating out happens every alternate week at a fast food hub... Things have changed... everything has changed and is changing... the waves are strong and washing away the importance of special days... And then I come back home in the afternoon lost in my thoughts abou

Happy birthday to me....

So here’s another birthday…. The day when I started my journey on this planet Gaia…. A new day and a new beginning reminding me of my purpose on this planet As earth merrily dances “garba” around the sun….for the 38th time now since I was born!!! From a “beta” to “didi” to “aunty” …. Happy birthday to me… From school to college to following my passion Happy birthday to me… From a daughter to a wife to a mom… Happy birthday to me… From being a daddy’s princess to the queen of my prince… Happy birthday to me….. From eating the “kheer” made by my loving mom to eating the cake made by cake shop!!! Happy birthday to me…. From listening to songs on “chayageet” and “chitrahaar” to cassette to floppy to online music on the net… Happy birthday to me…. From watching movies on black and white TV to sometimes color TV to a movie screen in theatres… Happy birthday to me…. From playing in the lap of Mother Nature to playing computer games to mobile games…. Happy birthday to me…. From mee

Learning lessons of life from the little ones...

I have been witnessing amazing experiences since the last one week. One parent came to me and she was really unhappy that her son is having behavior problems. The child (8-year-old) had a diagnosis of Autism and communicates by using just a few words. You know what I have this amazing sense to feel people by their energies. When a family enters my consultation room, sometimes I feel pins all over my body and I know that the family is really really stressed. And then there are others who visit me, who are passing through the same experience as the others but they carry with them a blanket of peace and calm and I am also sucked into it. There are others who come who comb my “being” with vibrations of deep insights revealing strong, intense and raw truths about life. So, I love to nurture this sense in me and love to sense people and their energies. So, when the door opens, my energy antennae start sensing – is it heavy, light or sorted or confused or just