Skip to main content

Human Be-ing or Human Do-ing....








You know when I was very little, I was made to believe by people around me that we were just middle class or so called poor people.
I grew up thinking that everyone gets everything in life except me . No one made me believe that but still that's how I grew up. Finally reached my twenties and completed my studies still feeling that "We were poor and everyone gets what they want but I don't. Others are fortunate and I am not"!!!
And now when I look back at those years, I see them being so so so rich. I feel that I was bathing in all the richness of the world. Completely soaked and marinated in the richness of unconditional love by my parents, relatives and grandma(my beeji).
I don't even know how to measure the love that I received - in kilos, litres, or may be light years .... don't know but it was infinite. It is like mom asking a small child " how much do you love me ?" And the child stretches his arms as far as possible and says " sooooooo much"...
I still have those flashes of sleeping with my legs and hands on my "beeji" and asking her to narrate a story every night. And she would reciprocate by holding me and hugging me even tighter narrating lovely stories where sleep would gently pull me into its arms and hug me.Blessed with deep ,sound ,refreshing ,sleep!!!
I don't know if you feel this lovely and a beautiful sensation of "being accepted completely " when someone you love hugs you back or just holds your hand. Touch has that special magic to establish connection especially from the dearest and the nearest loved ones.
I was blessed by a crowd of friends- so many of them and all of them were amazing. None of us had any gadgets but we were really busy and didn't ever want to come back home. Playgrounds, trees and every little corner of our houses were our best play zones and play areas. There were no AC's but sweating and summers were fun too..... no toys..... but we felt like we owned the planet and everything on this earth.So much love, so much connection with each other.....it was just amazing.. For all of us play was meditation.....loving each and every moment in awe of the beauties of nature. Every little thing was a "miracle" and we were all so mesmerised by everything that happened around us !!!!
And then there were people who would make me feel conscious of my looks( perhaps they were conscious of theirs), made me conscious of the house that we lived in saying that it was small ( perhaps they wanted a bigger house) !!!
And with each passing day as I was growing, I started moving from thoughts of "abundance " to "lack" and was convinced that "I don't have enough and that I am not good enough".
My child like spirit of being happy in all things ,the smallest of things started breaking and shattering. My soul which was forever grateful for everything in life started seeing lack -and thus my relationship with the almighty became transactional rather than just that of gratitude and love.
I moved from an abyss of deep love to a shallow life of just earning material possessions.I bought a so called big house just to show to the world that I was really good. I have always been a warrior and will work for and achieve everything that I ever wanted.
So , I moved to this big house but with ok neighbors who were not even interested in me. A formal greeting was all that was the connecting point and that's it. "How are you ?" was also just a formality. No one even cared how I felt and expected me to reply with a fake "I am fine ".
After marriage, I moved from my play areas of fun to play areas in a mall( for my son) which had AC but were cold and lacked any connection or warmth of love. We paid to play and that too, to play alone because no one had time for each other !!! I was getting into that congested zone of being an overstressed over scheduled adult who was struggling hard to stick to the purpose of life.
From eating at home, it was eating out at the best fine dining restaurants but it didn't have the taste that the food has which my mom cooks. My mom used to add the secret ingredient of love while cooking which was lacking now. We had to clean up and wash the vessels and not just pay for the food we ate. Every morsel of food was to be consumed. The saying was " Khao man bhar, feko na kan bhar"
And now as I write this, I am realising that I was always blessed ,whole, pure, radiant good-to-the-core self. I always got what I wanted and was so very happy.
It was just my thoughts which sometimes made me believe that " I was not good enough" but you know what I also believe that everything happens for a beautiful reason and I am trying to get my old happy, carefree, vulnerable self back again.
Material possessions are important but so also are the basic ingredients of life. If I want my life to taste like my mom's food, I need to add a lot of LOVE and a lot of LOVE and a lot of LOVE in everything that I do and to everyone that I meet...
I now chose to becoming a human BE -ing and not a "human doing".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy birthday to me....

So here’s another birthday…. The day when I started my journey on this planet Gaia…. A new day and a new beginning reminding me of my purpose on this planet As earth merrily dances “garba” around the sun….for the 38th time now since I was born!!! From a “beta” to “didi” to “aunty” …. Happy birthday to me… From school to college to following my passion Happy birthday to me… From a daughter to a wife to a mom… Happy birthday to me… From being a daddy’s princess to the queen of my prince… Happy birthday to me….. From eating the “kheer” made by my loving mom to eating the cake made by cake shop!!! Happy birthday to me…. From listening to songs on “chayageet” and “chitrahaar” to cassette to floppy to online music on the net… Happy birthday to me…. From watching movies on black and white TV to sometimes color TV to a movie screen in theatres… Happy birthday to me…. From playing in the lap of Mother Nature to playing computer games to mobile games…. Happy birthday to me…. From mee

Makar Sankranti and Lohri...

Its makar Sankranti tomorrow. Lohri was yesterday... My son comes and says “What is this god bod thing mummy”? He says “Mummy, what is the reason to celebrate these things? Why do we do that? I explained that after this day, days get longer and winter starts to disappear gradually. And people eat laddoos made of sesame and jaggery. These are given to all friends and relatives- wherein it symbolizes that happiness and joyous state grows when shared. With the flood of malls and fast food outlets, eating special delicacies on special days is washed away leaving no trace of its importance for the kids. Buying new clothes happens every month when there is a sale on Amazon/Flipkart instead of doing it for festivals. Eating out happens every alternate week at a fast food hub... Things have changed... everything has changed and is changing... the waves are strong and washing away the importance of special days... And then I come back home in the afternoon lost in my thoughts abou

Learning lessons of life from the little ones...

I have been witnessing amazing experiences since the last one week. One parent came to me and she was really unhappy that her son is having behavior problems. The child (8-year-old) had a diagnosis of Autism and communicates by using just a few words. You know what I have this amazing sense to feel people by their energies. When a family enters my consultation room, sometimes I feel pins all over my body and I know that the family is really really stressed. And then there are others who visit me, who are passing through the same experience as the others but they carry with them a blanket of peace and calm and I am also sucked into it. There are others who come who comb my “being” with vibrations of deep insights revealing strong, intense and raw truths about life. So, I love to nurture this sense in me and love to sense people and their energies. So, when the door opens, my energy antennae start sensing – is it heavy, light or sorted or confused or just